Part-Time Tutor-Assessor in HR - West Midlands
11th January, 2019
West-Midlands home-based, travelling and working in different locations
Employed status working with a variable case load and hours
Competitive benefits package
cHRysos HR is a private training provider and HR consultancy, delivering professional qualifications and apprenticeships in HR, Learning and Development and Management, as well as providing HR services to SMEs.
We are looking for the right kind of person to join our friendly and hard-working team, to deliver workshops to our HR and Learning and Development apprentices, either on a one to one or in small groups.
Based in the West Midlands, with travel to other locations.
An offer of employment will be subject to an Enhanced Disclosure carried out by the Disclosure and Barring Service.
To provide quality teaching and learning, support and assessment to our HR and Learning and Development apprentices so that each individual has the opportunity to thrive and succeed.
- Works closely with Skills-Assessors to plan, prepare and deliver workshops for our HR/Learning and Development apprentices, using engaging teaching and learning strategies to meet learner needs at each level. (Level 3 HR Support; Level 5 HR Consultant/Partner; Level 3 Learning and Development Practitioner; Level 5 Learning and Development Consultant/Business Partner). Delivery may be one to one or in groups and will incorporate a CIPD Foundation/Intermediate qualification as appropriate.
- Embeds literacy, numeracy, ICT, Safeguarding and British Values within each workshop, building awareness and understanding.
- Assesses student work in line with the service level agreement and provides constructive and developmental feedback.
- Takes responsibility for safeguarding and promoting the welfare of learners and others in line with the cHRysos HR policy and procedures on Safeguarding and Prevent, ensuring ‘a safe place to learn’ where apprentices and others can thrive and succeed.
- Liaises closely with Skills-Assessors to create, monitor and adapt individual learning plans.
- Maintains contact with Skills-Assessors and apprentices and provides input to 3-monthly apprenticeship/line manager reviews on progress, behaviours, attitude to learning etc. so that all stakeholders are engaged with the learning process.
- Provides advice and guidance to apprentices on progression and career opportunities, promoting ambitions and aspirations.
- Contributes to preparing apprentices to confidently undertake End Point Assessment.
- Prepares for and attends service delivery, quality assurance and other meetings as required.
- Complies with auditing, quality assurance and risk management procedures both internal and external.
- Undertakes internal moderation and verification activity and provides feedback to tutor/assessors.
- Manages own appointment diary in a manner that ensures effective use of time.
- Provides support with External Verification/Moderation/OFSTED visits.
- Assists with learner recruitment activities and induction.
- Contributes to marketing the business.
- Provides support to the Managing Director in driving business objectives.
- Undertakes programme administration as required, in line with ESFA requirements and cHRysos HR processes.
- Retains information regarding starters, leavers, and outcomes to enable accurate reporting of statistical and financial information to be carried out.
- Carries out additional tasks to meet business requirements and objectives.
- Participates in continuous professional development activities to ensure knowledge and skills are kept up to date.
Knowledge, Experience and Skills
- Holds a CIPD qualification in HR or Learning and Development at level 5 or above or willing to work towards a CIPD qualification at level 5.
- Holds level 4 Certificate in Education and Training (or similar) or willing to work towards.
- Knowledge of customer care and etiquette.
- Post-graduate level qualification; preferably in HR or Learning and Development.
- Associate or Chartered Member of the CIPD.
- Level 2 qualification in English and maths.
- Knowledge of concepts of learning and assessment.
- Knowledge of apprenticeship programme delivery.
- Knowledge of Safeguarding and Prevent responsibilities.
- Practitioner experience at HR/Learning and Development Advisor level.
- Customer service
- Working knowledge of Microsoft
- Experience of teaching CIPD qualifications up to and including level 5.
- Experience of delivering apprenticeship programmes.
- Experience of assessing academic qualifications.
- Experience of qualification development.
- Experience of facilitating Awarding Body/OFSTED external visits.
- Experience of curriculum development.
- Experience of supporting work-based learners or apprentices.
- Experience of undertaking internal verification/moderation.
- High level communication skills both verbal and written.
- Excellent facilitation skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Evidence of continuous professional development over the last 12 months
- Presentation skills.
- Coaching skills.
- Giving constructive and developmental feedback.
- Attention to detail.
- Planning and preparation of learning events.
- Excellent teaching and training skills.
- Excellent assessment skills.
- Able to coach and counsel learners through their studies.
- Internal verification/moderation.
- Current valid UK driving licence and access to own car.
d) Essential Attributes and Behaviours
- Passion for the development of others.
- Develops and maintains positive working relationships with others.
- A ‘can do’ attitude.
- Comfortable working remotely but demonstrates commitment to the core business, its objectives and other team members.
- Shows enthusiasm and commitment to the business and job role.
- A team worker.
- An approachable manner.
- Shares ideas and information
- Shows flexibility and adaptability.
- Prepared to offer flexibility in terms of working hours and days, including emergency cover for colleagues.
- Assists colleagues unprompted.
- Takes pride in their work and in the business.
- A pleasant and professional telephone manner.
- High customer service ethic; passionate about exceeding customer expectations and improving service levels.
- Willing to travel and make overnight stays as required.
This role is a ‘face of the business’ and is key in the development of client relationships and repeat business. Works remotely but is a vital member of the wider team.
Please submit a CV and covering letter by Monday 21st January 2019 to firstname.lastname@example.org.