VACANCY: HR/Learning and Development Tutor
Job Title: HR/Learning and Development Tutor - FULL TIME OR PART TIME
One permanent and one temporary role (to cover maternity leave)
Reports to: Director, Service Delivery
SALARY: £28,000 TO £31,000 PER ANNUM, PRO RATA
cHRysos HR is a private training provider and HR consultancy company, delivering professional qualifications and apprenticeships in Human Resources, and Learning and Development, as well as providing HR consultancy services to SMEs.
We are looking for the right kind of person to join our friendly and hard-working team, to deliver blended learning via virtual learning platforms, and on-line live or face-to-face workshops to our HR and Learning and Development learners.
Home based with some travel likely.
Fit with the team is just as important to us as your knowledge, experience and skills.
An offer of employment will be subject to an Enhanced Disclosure carried out by the Disclosure and Barring Service.
To provide quality teaching and learning, support and assessment to our HR and Learning and Development students/apprentices so that individuals have the opportunity to thrive and succeed.
- Plans, prepares and delivers blended learning/face-to-face/online workshops for our HR/Learning and Development learners, using engaging teaching and learning strategies to meet learner needs at each level. (Level 3 Foundation; Level 5 Intermediate; Level 7 Advanced)
- Assesses student work in line with the service level agreement and provides constructive and developmental feedback.
- Embeds literacy and numeracy, Safeguarding and British Values within workshops where appropriate, building awareness and understanding.
- Takes responsibility for safeguarding and promoting the welfare of learners and others in line with the cHRysos HR policy and procedures on Safeguarding and Prevent, ensuring ‘a safe place to learn’ where all learners and others can thrive and succeed.
- Liaises closely with other tutors and team members to ensure an excellent learning journey for students/apprentices.
- Liaises closely with apprenticeship Skills-Coaches to create, monitor and adapt individual learning plans.
- Provides input to 3-monthly apprenticeship/line manager reviews on progress, behaviours, attitude to learning etc. so that all stakeholders are engaged with the learning process.
- Provides advice and guidance to learners on progression and career opportunities, promoting ambitions and aspirations.
- Prepares for and attends development, quality assurance and other meetings as required.
- Complies with auditing, quality assurance and risk management procedures both internal and external.
- Undertakes internal moderation and verification activity and provides feedback to tutors.
- Provides support with External Quality Assurance/Moderation/OFSTED visits.
- Assists with learner recruitment activities and induction.
- Contributes to marketing the business.
- Provides support to the Managing Director in driving business objectives forward.
- Undertakes programme administration as required, in line with ESFA requirements and cHRysos HR processes.
- · Retains information regarding starters, leavers, and outcomes to enable accurate reporting of statistical and financial information to be carried out.
- Carries out additional tasks to meet business requirements and objectives.
- Participates in continuous professional development activities to ensure knowledge and skills are kept up to date.
Knowledge, Experience and Skills:
- Holds a CIPD qualification in HR at level 5 (Intermediate) or above or has HR practitioner experience and is willing to work towards a CIPD qualification at level 5.
- Holds level 4 Certificate in Education and Training (or similar) or willing to work towards.
- Knowledge of customer care and etiquette.
- Post-graduate or Masters level qualification in HRM/HRD.
- Associate, Chartered or fellow Member of the CIPD.
- Level 2 qualification in English and Maths.
- Knowledge of concepts of learning and assessment.
- Knowledge of apprenticeship programme delivery.
- Knowledge of Safeguarding and Prevent responsibilities.
- Practitioner experience at HR Advisor level or above.
- Customer service
- Working knowledge of Microsoft
- Experience of teaching CIPD qualifications up to and including level 5.
- Experience of delivering apprenticeship programmes.
- Experience of assessing academic qualifications.
- Experience of qualification development.
- Experience of facilitating Awarding Body/OFSTED external visits.
- Experience of curriculum development.
- Experience of supporting work-based learners or apprentices.
- Experience of undertaking internal verification/moderation.
- High level communication skills both verbal and written.
- Excellent facilitation skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Evidence of continuous professional development over the last 12 months.
- Presentation skills.
- Coaching skills.
- Giving constructive and developmental feedback.
- Attention to detail.
- Planning and preparation of learning events.
- Excellent teaching and training skills.
- Excellent assessment skills.
- Able to coach and counsel learners through their studies.
- Internal verification/moderation.
- Current valid UK driving licence and access to own car.
d) Essential Attributes and Behaviours:
- Passion for the development of others.
- Develops and maintains positive working relationships with others.
- A ‘can do’ attitude.
- Shows enthusiasm and commitment to the business and job role.
- A team worker.
- An approachable manner.
- Shares ideas and information
- Shows flexibility and adaptability.
- Prepared to offer flexibility in terms of working hours and days, including emergency cover for colleagues.
- Assists colleagues unprompted.
- Takes pride in their work and in the business.
- A pleasant and professional telephone manner.
- Strong customer service ethic; passionate about exceeding customer expectations and improving service levels.
- Willing to travel and make overnight stays as required.
This role is a ‘face of the business’ and is key in the development of client relationships and repeat business.
The selected applicant is required to undergo Disclosure and Barring Service vetting before taking up this position.
TO APPLY PLEASE SUBMIT A CV AND COVERING LETTER
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS IS FRIDAY 21st MAY 2021
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Temporary
Share This Post
cHRysos HR Solutions is a Doncaster based HR training and consultancy company providing CIPD accredited qualifications, Apprenticeships, Training and HR Services to SMEs nationwide. For more information about how cHRysos HR can help you or your teams successfully achieve further qualifications, contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org or call +44 (0)1302 802128.