CIPD Level 7 Advanced Diploma in Strategic Learning and Development
Who is the programme aimed at?
The CIPD Level 7 Advanced Diploma in Strategic Learning & Development is the appropriate choice if you are:
- Already practicing in a senior level L&D role and want to underpin your experience with a formal qualification, whilst expanding your knowledge and skills in people and organisational development.
- Planning a career move into a senior learning and development role and want to take your knowledge and skills to the level that will support this.
- In a senior L&D management role and wish to become a Chartered Member of the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development.
What are the benefits of studying this qualification?
- This flag-ship CIPD-awarded qualification is widely recognised and demonstrates your strategic knowledge and skills to employers and other professionals.
- You’ll develop the skills needed to shape L&D strategy and policy, enabling you to add value and make an impact in the workplace.
- On completion, you’ll be awarded Associate level membership of CIPD, further demonstrating your credibility, and enhancing your career potential.
- With this Advanced-level qualification and sufficient experience, you’ll be able to apply for upgrading to Chartered Member of the CIPD.
What subjects will I study?
The qualification has core and specialist units – there are 8 in total:
- Work and working lives in a changing business environment.
- People management and development strategies for performance
- Personal effectiveness, ethics, and business acumen
- Business research in people practice
- Organisational design and development
- Leadership and management development in context
- Designing learning to improve performance
- Technology enhanced learning
How will the programme be delivered?
With our blended learning approach, you have a choice of studying either face to face with online learning or 100% online learning.
Either option includes group learning at workshops, providing a supportive, fun learning environment for live interaction with our tutors and your fellow learners using our virtual platform. We also provide flexible access to on demand online learning activities and forums.
Modules are delivered in blocks of study - two or more per topic, depending on your choice of study method.
For those selecting face-to-face learning, workshops are usually at our Doncaster-based Training Centre, near Robin Hood Airport at Finningley which has great access from the M18 and M62 motorways.
We are more than happy to talk to you about the costs and options for delivering at alternative locations if this is your preference, based on the number of learners and location.
Because of the COVID-19 restrictions just now, we are not able to provide face-to-face learning at the moment, but we are planning to return to a percentage of face-to-face learning, for those choosing this option, as part of a blended learning approach as soon as we can.
With this in mind, we’ve temporarily reduced the fee for our 50% face-to-face/50% online blended learning programme. All our online learning includes some live workshop delivery.
What is the duration of the programme?
The length of the programme is approximately 24 months.
How will the qualification be assessed?
Assessment for each module is completed using written assignments with no exams to take.
Contact us for further information about our CIPD Level 7 Advanced Diploma in Strategic Learning and Development.
You might also be interested in our Level 7 Senior People Practitioner Apprenticeship, which includes options for those following an organisational development or learning and development pathway. The apprenticeship incorporates the CIPD Level 7 qualification.