Employment Law: Changes to Statement of Particulars
Did you know that important changes to written statement of particulars are coming soon?
Under the Good Work Plan, and with effect from 6th April 2020, all new staff will be entitled to a written statement of employment particulars, regardless of status and length of service. It will therefore be necessary to send a written statement of employment particulars to workers as well as employees. It may be helpful to note that from this date a written statement must also be provided on or before the first day of employment.
These are key changes to the present legal requirements and a fundamental role of most HR teams.
There is also additional information which organisations will need to include in this written statement from April 2020, as follows:
- The hours and days of the week the worker or employee is required and information about whether these hours will vary and how;
- Entitlements to any paid leave;
- Any benefits not covered elsewhere in the statement;
- Details of any probationary period;
- Details of training provided by the employer.
All information must be provided in one statement and not by instalment.
- It is important to check your written statements to ensure that the above additional information is already included, and if not, to alter your templates to reflect the above changes.
- It will also be important to ensure that your recruitment and selection processes are reviewed (where applicable) to make certain that employees and workers receive a written statement and your processes guarantee that this is sent before or by day one of employment. There are still some exceptions but generally this new time frame will apply. This is different to the law now; it is currently a requirement to issue a statement within two months of commencing employment. Note: that there will no longer be an exemption for employment of less than one month
- Identify who your workers are.
- Make sure you know what you need to do if existing employees ask for a statement.
cHRysos HR Solutions is a Doncaster based HR training and consultancy company providing CIPD and CMI accredited qualifications nationwide, as well as HR Consultancy to SMEs. For more information about how cHRysos HR can help you return to study and achieve further qualifications contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org or call +44 (0)1302 802128
Share This Post
cHRysos HR Solutions is a Doncaster based HR training and consultancy company providing CIPD accredited qualifications, Apprenticeships, Training and HR Services to SMEs nationwide. For more information about how cHRysos HR can help you or your teams successfully achieve further qualifications, contact us on email@example.com or call +44 (0)1302 802128.